The Peek (formerly US Traffic) Model 170E Controller is a solid-state microprocessor-based controller designed for use in rugged environments such as those found in traffic control applications. The controller is comprised of plug-in printed circuit modules running on a Motorola 6802 microprocessor-based stored program, which provides logic control for traffic or other control applications. Operator interface is achieved by means of a front panel keyboard and associated display indicators.
Designed with ease of installation, use, and maintenance in mind, the Model 170E can be installed in a wide variety of industry standard type-170 cabinets, including those manufactured by Peek Traffic/U.S. Traffic Corporation.
- Multipurpose Microcomputer
- Traffic Control
- Ramp Meter Control
- Sign Control
- Sprinkler Control
- Meets or exceeds the latest Caltrans specifications
- Accepts two plug-in communication modules
- Designed for ease of maintenance
- Accepts Model 400 Modems - providing bidirectional asynchronous communications between 170E/ATC controllers or with a central system over standard 3002 voice grade telephone lines
- Four comms ports supported
- 6802 MPU processor running at 1.536MHz
- 44 input circuits available to the operator
- 56 output circuits available to the operator
- Fits a standard 170 style traffic cabinet